Walgreens and Me

I was sick last week and the doctor gave me a prescription for some medicine. It was late and Walgreens was the only drug store opened. I walked in and I was one of just a very few people who were in the store. I went to the pharmacy and handed the guy behind the counter my prescription and he shouted back, "There are at least 14 people before you. It will be a fifteen minute wait."

Well, I saw no one in the store, but didn't feel well enough to argue, so I sat down and proceeded to wait. After about five minutes another man walked up to the pharmacy window with a prescription that needed filled. The same man behind the counter looked at this guy and snapped, "There are at least 32 people ahead of you. It will be a forty five minute wait."

I have no way of knowing whether the guy behind the counter was busy or not. I'm sure he was - most likely short staffed and at the end of his rope.

There is no real point to this story. It was just something I witnessed that made me reflect on my own actions when feeling overwhelmed. And I think I just may have learned a lesson here.

No comments:

Post a Comment